Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced, or 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound green beans (stem ends removed), halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium until browned and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet (reserve skillet).
- Add green beans to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until beans are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to pot with pasta. Add pancetta, cup Parmesan, and enough reserved pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta. Top with basil and remaining cup Parmesan; serve immediately.