The other day I looked at the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and realized that it was hung under. This drives me nuts. (I know, separate story, right?!) I took the roll off and hung it so it was over, and called it a day.
Here are a few ways we save money on toilet paper.
1. Obviously the biggest one is that I use cloth toilet paper for #1. Believe me, it’s not bad at all. I haven’t had to buy toilet paper in months!
2. Squish the roll of toilet paper. When you do this, you create resistance when the roll is pulled. It makes people aware of how much toilet paper they are using.
3. Hang it over. This also makes you more aware of how much you’re using. Of course, if you have kids, I don’t know if that makes them more likely to pull and drag?!
3. Buy in bulk. We buy the huge Kirkland brand toilet paper at Costco, and it’s great quality and lasts us a long time. That’s one thing I won’t do to save money is buy cheap quality toilet paper!
4. Buy a higher quality toilet paper and combine with coupons. I believe the higher quality, the less you will use because you don’t end up using your hands as backup.
5. Go to the bathroom while you’re out. Of course this will save money on toilet paper. 😉
6. Buy recycled toilet paper. It’s not recycled toilet paper, it is toilet paper made with recycled paper. Don’t be scared. Americans could save over 400,000 trees if each family bought one roll of recycled toilet paper just once.
7. Get a squeeze bottle and use that as your poor man’s bidet. You can use your cloth toilet paper to dry off, or even drip dry. Chances are, you’ll be cleaner than if you used just toilet paper. You could even go all out and buy a diaper sprayer, which will do the same thing but more effectively.
What do you do to save money on toilet paper?