Love the Home You’re Tied to
With the current home values dropping record lows, it’s an obvious fact that you should stay in your current home unless it’s absolutely necessary to move. While I may not be 100% content with this, I’m going to follow my own advice and stay put for at least a couple more years. I have decided that since we’re staying, I’m going to do some more home improvements to make us happier with our current home and increase the value as much as I can.
Here’s our list of things we’d like to do in the next 1-2 years:
- Finish installing the hardwood floors in our hallway, master bedroom, and living room.
- Redo the kitchen flooring. Right now it is vinyl flooring and we haven’t decided if we’re going to do tile or hardwood.
- Paint the office and hallway (easy).
- Redo master bathroom. We’d like to rip out the shower, install a new one, along with a new vanity and light fixture. I’m going to tile the bathroom floor myself to save money.
- Install new carpet into our extra bedroom and office.
That’s pretty much all I’ve got planned for the interior of the house. I think that every project I’ve got planned will increase our home’s value and we’ll get great joy out of it. If you are thinking about selling your house, you may want to consider just doing some basic home improvements to make yourself like it more. Kitchens and baths always bring the most return, so if you are unhappy with those areas, that’s where I would start. A lot of home improvement projects you can do yourself these days if you’re a little ambitious. I have successfully tiled one bathroom and installed a few rows of hardwood flooring. If I can do it, you can do it!
What are some home improvement projects you’d like to do and are planning on doing to your house?