Dear Mrs. Money

Posted by Mrs Money on April 6th, 2010

Althea Writes
Creative Commons License photo credit: juliejordanscott

I’m copying my friend Mrs. Accountability and writing a letter to myself in 10 years.

Dear Mrs. Money,
It’s hard to believe but you are 36 years old now- how did that happen? It seems like the last 36 years have gone by so quickly. And all that time you spent worrying about everything? Was a complete waste of time. You’ve got a few great kids now that mean the world to you, and a loving husband that takes care of the family while you stay at home, managing the children and the household. You are happy.

Thankfully, you got out of debt in 2010. Also in that year, you sold your house and moved to Michigan to be closer to family and raise the kids on your farm. It looks like Mr. Money lost his fight on chickens that year too. In addition to chickens, you have a cow for milk, horses to ride, and bunnies for the kids. Your mother and father, sister and brother live in close proximity and share the chores for the animals. You are living the life you’ve always wanted and couldn’t be happier.

You are running your own businesses now, making all natural soap and selling it, along with a line of natural body care products. The family operates an organic farm, and supplies organic foods to families throughout the local area. Your family all helps and enjoys it.

The farm house you live in is off grid and very eco friendly. You’ve turned into a crunchy granola hippie, along with your children. They are following in your footsteps. Many people think it’s so weird that you live without a lot of the things they consider necessities, but that’s okay. It’s normal life to the family, and that’s all that matters.

Things are good. Be thankful for everything you have. You are a lucky girl.

Love,
Mrs. Money

P.S. Babies are not candy, so stop having so darn many! :)

20 Responses to “Dear Mrs. Money”

1. It sounds like you will be living our life in 10 years :P. Minus the babies but by the time I’m 36….who knows? We have two now but would like a few more. I know lots of ladies who are “housewives” and don’t work at all. We have decided that if my home employement ever goes away that I will not work outside of the home. We realize how important it is that I be there for the kids….even when MrLivingOurWay is there for them, it just isn’t the same as having a mom around.

Laura- That’s awesome!! I really hope that this does come true. It’s going to be interesting to see where we are in 10 years! :) My mom was around when I was growing up and I think it was awesome!

2. Laura says:

Sounds like you’re heading in the same direction as our family…the babies as well…we currently have 3 but want to have at least one more!

Laura- That’s great! You must be living the dream. :)

3. BibleDebt says:

Are all these things that are in the works? How many of these things have been completed or are still in the works? What a great idea to give yourself a picture of where you want to be. It makes your goals much more alive. Best wishes in being where you want to be in 10 years, I am looking forward to watching your journey.

BibleDebt- Well we would like to move to Michigan or Colorado, but we’re afraid to make the leap of selling our house and trying to find new jobs in this economy. I feel like we’re fortunate that we can afford our house, and we both have good jobs, so why mess with that? Plus, Michigan’s economy kinda sucks :)

I’m a fabulous daydreamer. :) Thanks for the kind comment!

4. Awww, what a great future you have envisioned! I chuckled at your admonition to yourself to stop having so darn many babies! :-) I’d like to encourage you to look into having goats for milk… do you know those cows give 5 gallons a day? Goats are much easier to manage all around. And you get to have cute baby goat kids after only five months gestation!

Mrs. A- Good points!! I should totally do goats instead of a cow. And then I will have a support person. ;) I think I’m a great dreamer. I do hope some of this comes true!

Oh I love this! Put it into motion! And….are you making some kind of announcement here?!

Kacie- LOL! You are too funny! I think I need to make a 5 year plan. And no, no announcement yet.

6. Jeff says:

Hot damn Mrs. Money is moving to Michigan!! Make sure to order some pizza from one of my many pizza shops when you get here. Wasn’t writing this letter fun? I loved writing mine. Best of luck with your dreams. Kids are like candy btw :-) Oh yeah, how are all of your readers going to stay in touch with you if you are off the grid??

Jeff- Well we’ll be off grid with solar power to power my computer! Oh crap, didn’t think about internet. :(

Your letter was fabulous. I really enjoyed it. And I’ll be sure to order pizza if we do move there! LOL

7. Money Funk says:

Loved the letter. Very genuine. I’ll be sure to visit your place out there off the grid to buy your natural soap products and produce. There are many people traveling off the grid, but still produce online content. So, I know there is a way to keep in touch with your readers. :D

Have you tried making soap with lye? I have a great book but have never tried it yet. Looks so much fun!

Money Funk- Thanks! :) I make my soap with lye and oils. It is really fun. I tried taking pictures of the process once, but that didn’t go so well.. :)

8. akborn says:

Awesome letter- I agree with one of the comments, go with goats:-) They make a better product(personal opinion), and in the bit of research I have done, much easier keepers, and I had actully read a funny article some one wrote(thought I would share it with you)
    I have to say you seem like a very neat person, and I am glad I stumbled upon your blog(searching for recipes to make laundry soap,:-)

akborn- Aww thanks! :) You are so sweet. I needed that today!

I will have to get goats instead. Then I can have lots of kids!

9. So you win on the chicken issue! That cracked me up.

It sounds like a pretty good life. Do you sell your soaps now?

Bucksome- I win! ;) I don’t sell my soaps now but I’ve thought about starting an Etsy business and selling them. I’m intimidated by all the people out there that sell soap. I need to just do it!

10. You made me smile. That letter sounds about word for word what I’d write down to the business and kids :-) The only thing I’d add would be building our own house. I love checking out the link for the home kits in magazines: yurts, deltec homes, log cabins… it’s fun to dream! And it gives me something to look forward to and work hard for!

K- Yes! I love yurts and log cabins. I’d love to build a house too. *sigh* I hope we can do this one day!