Baby Money

Posted by Mrs Money on October 3rd, 2011

Some of you may have noticed my absence over the past few months.  It’s been a busy summer, and I’m so happy to announce that we are finally pregnant!  We are so thrilled, and I am looking forward to being a mama sometime in February.  The first trimester was really rough, but now that I’m past it, I’ve felt a lot better and much more confident.  I’ll start sharing more ideas on how we’re saving money throughout my pregnancy, what baby items we’re choosing, etc.  The next chapter of our lives is pretty exciting, so I hope you’ll stick around to enjoy!

14 Responses to “Baby Money”

1. How thrilling! Congratulations!!

2. Congratulations on the pregnancy! Yeah for new babies! I wanted to make a money saving suggestion that requires you to spend money to save money! Consider hiring a birth doula for your birth. A doula offers informational, physical and emotional support for you and your partner. It is like having your very own birth concierge! And, research shows that doulas reduce the need for epidurals, shorten labors, reduce cesarean rates, reduce vacuum and forcep rates, help get breastfeeding well established and overall work significantly to improve the circumstances and experience of your birth. If you have any type of co-pay with insurance, the savings, for example, of not needing to pay for the epidural co-pay might be greater than the expense of a doula! Spend money to save money! And the co-pay on a cesarean is even more! Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy and a happy and healthy baby and mom!

3. Yay! Congratulations! Looking forward to reading the baby-related blog posts! :)

4. Julie says:

Congrats!!

My two (money-saving) cents, having just become a mama myself in January, is the get baby clothes second-hand, either at garage sales, consignment shops, or as hand-me-downs. They’re worn so little and typically don’t get stained or damaged that it’s a shame to pay a lot! I also bought a lot of my maternity clothes at a consignment store, for the same reasons.

Good luck, and enjoy your pregnancy!

5. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Money! Can’t wait to read your Baby Money posts!

6. Jenny says:

Yay! Congratulations! I’m so excited for you.

7. krantcents says:

Congratulations

Really happy for you! You are already a great mama!

9. Angella says:

Yay!!! I’m so happy to hear this! I hope the 2nd and 3rd trimesters are more kind than the 1st. I look forward to your baby posts. :) Congratulations!

10. Emily says:

The first trimester is usually rough. Make your baby your focus the next year or so and take care of yourself. We will understand if posts are few and far between. :)

11. Congrats! Ditto to the other positive comments. I wish you the best throughout your pregnancy!

12. Moneyreasons says:

Congratulations! What great news!!!

Here’s wishing you the best, having kids has definitely changed me for the better.

13. Money says:

Congratulations! :)

14. Matthew C says:

Congratulations! My wife wants to start trying to have a baby! Hope to read up more on the progression of the pregnancy!