2012 Goals Update
I realize that we’re almost two months into 2013, but I’d still like to go over our 2012 goals and recap how we did. I also need to set up some 2013 goals! 😉
1. Set up a savings account for the baby. We opened a savings account with ING (now Capital One 360) for the baby a few months after she was born. We put any birthday/gift money into it for her. I need to research 529 plans and see if that is something we’d like to do.
2. Figure out life insurance. We have some life insurance though Mr. Money’s employer but should probably look into getting more.
3. Change beneficiaries. Did this! It was very easy once we got the baby’s social security number.
4. Make more money blogging/working from home. Looking back, this was quite a lofty goal. I mainly focused on taking care of my high needs baby while trying to keep the house clean. It was a little crazy. Although I didn’t quite achieve this goal, I don’t feel one ounce of guilt about it. I am doing what I love and couldn’t be happier. I did watch my friend’s 10 month old daughter for a few weeks for her and it was nuts. I did make a little extra money though.
5. Stay debt free. Yay! No new debt.
6. Finish up all house projects that need to be done. Ha. Who didn’t see this one coming?! I can’t get any house projects done with my crazy baby. I did manage to paint our bathroom though!
7. Learn to relax and not worry so darn much. Having a baby really makes you stop and think about what really is important. 2012 was the best year of my life, and I would do it all over again in a second! I can’t wait to watch Penny learn and grow over the years!
I do need to work on our 2013 goals and figure out what we want to accomplish. I’m looking forward to great things!