2011 Goals Update
We are already over three months into 2011, and I can’t believe it. A quarter of the year is over already! That’s nuts. I thought I’d do a review of how our 2011 goals are going so far.
1. Keep up with the clutter and declutter 365 items from our house this year. We’re doing well on this challenge so far. I’d say we are more than halfway there, and I’m very excited for that! It feels good to get rid of things. Coincidentally, the Veterans of America pickup service was scheduled to come to our house today but never showed up. Humph. I’m not too happy about it because now I have a pile of crap sitting on my front porch that now I have to deal with.
2. Pay at least $3,000 down on the principal of our mortgage. So far we’ve paid $961.94 towards the principal of the mortgage. We’re almost 1/3 of the way there, so I’d say we’re on track to meet this goal. If we aren’t on track by the end of the year, I will just go ahead and make a lump sum payment on the mortgage to get it accomplished.
3. Travel to somewhere fun and exciting. We haven’t gone anywhere so far this year, and that makes me sad I love traveling, but with Mr. Money’s job we haven’t been able to get away together. Since December, we haven’t even had one full day off together! I know it could always be worse though.
4. Get knocked up. Obviously this hasn’t happened yet, and I’m pretty sad about it but we’re doing all we can to make it happen right now, so I guess that’s a positive?
5. Live on one salary. This is one goal we’ve been successfully knocking out of the park! I decided to have my direct deposit routed to our ING savings account, and that’s worked out very well. I’ve freaked out a few times if our main checking account falls below like $300, but I know that we’ve got money if we absolutely need it so I need to relax on that. I guess I thought we’d be saving more money than we are by living on one income, but with health insurance, taxes, 401k contributions, and other deductions from my paycheck it is really not that much money.
6. Make more money from side hustles. I’ve made some cloth wipes to sell to cloth diapering mamas, but haven’t listed them on etsy. I’ve also knit some longies too but haven’t listed them. Looks like I need to work on this more! My blog income has been pretty steady so hopefully that will increase more soon!
7. Stay debt free! This has happened. Yay! Of course, if we buy a new stove, I’ll probably finance that on our Home Depot credit card as long as I can get 0% APR on the card. I’ll pay it off before we get charged any interest, so no big deal.
I’m thinking 2011 will be a pretty good year for us financially. I hope that we accomplish all these goals, plus more!
How’s 2011 treating you so far?